College is a risky decision these days – especially considering the current job market. Consider these facts regarding college education in 2012:
- Since 1991, college tuition has increased at twice the rate of inflation. That’s an increase of almost 50%.
- Compare that to the median income of a college graduate, which has only increased 9.4% since 1991.
- The average four-year college only graduates 55.5% of its students within six years.
- Total student loan debt in the U.S. is $867 billion – more than auto loans or credit cards.
Given these circumstances, more and more students are turning to certificate programs for quicker results and higher return on investment. Online College recent published its list of The 15 Best Certificates for Today’s Job Market and they are:
- Project Management
- General Contractor Certification
- ARRT Registered Technologist in Radiography
- Licensed Practical and Vocational Nursing Certificate
- Automotive Service
- Massage Therapy
- Fitness Training
- Court Reporting
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- CISCO Certified Network Associate
- HVACR Certification
- Medical Transcription
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Advanced EMT
You can read the entire article and get more details on these programs at the Online College blog.