In CareerBuilder’s annual survey, they asked 2,298 hiring managers a series of questions about job applicants. One of those questions asked them to share the most memorable and unusual resume mistakes that came across their desk.
- Candidate called himself a genius and invited the hiring manager to interview him at his apartment.
- Candidate’s cover letter talked about her family being in the mob.
- Candidate applying for a management job listed “gator hunting” as a skill.
- Candidate’s resume included phishing as a hobby.
- Candidate specified that her resume was set up to be sung to the tune of “The Brady Bunch.”
- Candidate highlighted the fact that he was “Homecoming Prom Prince” in 1984.
- Candidate claimed to be able to speak “Antartican” when applying for a job to work in Antarctica.
- Candidate’s resume had a photo of the applicant reclining in a hammock under the headline “Hi, I’m _____ and I’m looking for a job.”
- Candidate’s resume was decorated with pink rabbits.
- Candidate listed “to make dough” as the objective on the resume.
- Candidate applying for an accounting job said he was “deetail-oriented” and spelled the company’s name incorrectly.
- Candidate’s cover letter contained “LOL.”
No comments yet.